Photos

Monday 15 July 2013

Airy water

Have installed the shower 'egg timer' which prompts you to limit your shower to 4 mins which I have to admit is a bit of a struggle. Some times I go in the shower for 5 minutes peace and 4minutes is just not the same. 
In a bid to help more on the water saving front, we played around with in insert for the shower hose and also a new shower head. tried comparing them all in different combinations and basically each device on its own adds 0.5 secs to the time it takes to run a litre of water (9.6 secs with no water saving device and 10.3 with one and 10.7 with both). Doesn't sound a lot but my basic maths tells me that its a 10% reduction and a 4 min shower should use 2.5 litres less water. When there are six of you that is quite a reduction ( although the teenagers are true to form and don't actually shower that often, good for my water reduction challenge but not for my nose).

I have to say though that the shower head works by sucking in air and somehow pushing it through the flow of water. This means you don't notice any reduction in power but it is really noisy so we will have to see if it is tolerable for the early morning showers.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment